Wednesday 15 February 2012

The Lottery Ticket - 100 Billion Dollars

     I realize that no money - not even 100 billion dollars - can buy a person true happiness, but money can make a person's life more enjoyable and easier. If I won the 100 billion dollars I would make all my dreams come true, but I would also donate to charities such as Pencils of Promise to help other peoples' dreams come true as well.
      I would begin by buying myself a mansion in Laguna Beach or Los Angeles. I would make sure everything in my house is customized to perfection and it would have various luxuries, such as a giant hot tub, pool with a waterfall, a huge walk-in clothing closet and a gym. I would purchase a Cadillac Escalade, a BMW and a 2012 Ford F-350 Super Duty. All my vehicles would have custom features to make them unique. I have a love for clothes and shopping, so I would treat myself whenever I felt the need to splurge on a new article whether it be a pair of Guess jeans, or a new Coach purse. I also would use my summers off from school to travel the world. I would explore the rest of Canada, Europe, the Caribbean, parts of Africa, Australia and South America.
     I would make sure that everyone in my family was financially stable, and not struggling for money. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I have anything I could ever need or want, when a family member is struggling for the basic necessities. Next, I would open up a savings account and put five million into it to begin a college fund for the children I hope to have in the future. I would also set a few million aside for my own college fund.
    When it comes to children who live in poverty, I would love to donate at least ten million to help them receive an education so they can become something great later in life. I would also donate to a cancer research charity to play my part in finding the cure. I would also donate to various other charities to help make a difference in a person's life.
     Although I've barely put a dent in the 100 billion dollars, I would put the rest into savings and continue to work and go to school, because I don't want to loose sight of the more important things in life. To me, work ethics and education are still important, no matter how rich you are.
This is why I should be awarded 100 billion dollars. I could better the lives of everyone around me, including myself, without losing sight of the simple, important things in life such as family.

I would also give ten million to my favourite teacher. He's the one that's reading this right now.











1 comment:

  1. Smooth ending.

    Good ideas, well written and described. You include some shots to help me envision your ideas. A little more detail on your charity thoughts, with some specifics, would be the key improvement.

    Level 3+ (81)

    ReplyDelete